Thoughts on starting companies, leadership, networking and technology.

Monday, December 19, 2005

More on networking...

I read a great article in Harvard Business Review this month about networking. The article actually gives you step-by-step directions on how to evaluate and augment your professional network. I think it offers some great suggestions and, most importantly, underscores the importance of your network in being successful.

I don't think most people really spend any time seriously considering their own network. They should! I've found that creating my profile on LinkedIn helped me a lot with this process. In my profile on LinkedIn I list out all of my interests, professional experiences, and it even allows my references to comment on and evaluate their interactions with me. I've successfully used LinkedIn to reach out to media buyers and advertisers in my network to help grow my new company, Trump Exclusives.

Are you networking? What is your goal or objective?

Network. Network. Network.

2 Comments:

Blogger LinkedInUSAF said...

Great write-up for LinkedIn. It's interesting to see how many different uses there are for LinkedIn. AND, it's good to see you in the MLPF Yahoo Group (My LinkedIn Power Forum)!

I'll keep an eye on your blog!

1:12 PM

 
Blogger LinkedInUSAF said...

Oh! I meant to ask you about the US Service Academy Alumni networking group you are a member of in LinkedIn. I'll send you a separate e-mail on that - some members in my LinkedIn Group are USAF Academy grads!

1:17 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home